Good Habits For a Happier Better You
You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
I’ve been trying to develop and maintain some good habits as a way of enriching myself. I read a book a while back that had a list of about 500 good habits you can implement in your life and some of them stood out and I’ve been trying them out with fantastic results.
Let’s start with happiness habits that bring out the happy in you,even on those days when you are on the verge of giving up on everything and running away into the sunset.
- Talk with a positive person when your feeling down or discouraged or anytime.You know those people who seem to be forever in a good mood and happy.The positive energy they emit will rub off on you.
- Write down 3 good things that happened to you each day.
- Ask for a hug from one person a day .I love hugs, they instantly make me feel happy especially when the person means it .
- Laugh, even if you don’t want to. Large Tea Cups Cute Tea Cups Wholesale Vintage Tea Sets Amber Bangle Bracelets Laughter is the best medicine because laughing releases endorphins.
- Move your body (walk, exercise) for 20 minutes or longer.
- Invest 30 minutes a day doing a hobby you enjoy and find relaxing.
Habits that help you manage stress and everyday frustrations;
- Breathe deeply for at least 2 minutes. Focus on your breaths
- Stretch different body parts for 5- 10 minutes.
- Listen to something calming and distracting unrelated to whatever is stressing you out.
- Cuddle (with a lover, friend or even a pet – physical touch is comforting.)
- Detach from the source of stress (excuse yourself from a meeting, take a break from a project, remove yourself from an argument) for a five-minute break.
- Take a 10 min nap. Power naps are the best
Habits to help you become more spiritually minded;
- Devote 10 minutes a day to reading a spiritual text (Bible, spiritual book.)
- Perform one thoughtful act of kindness for a stranger.
- Join a group of like-minded individuals from whom you can learn and be inspired.
- Write out how a person you encountered that day could enrich your life journey.
Habits to help you increase work productivity;
- Schedule out your day, setting mini goals and milestones throughout the day. Then race against your self-set goals for accomplishing tasks.
- Take a break every hour. Stand up, stretch, use the restroom or get a drink.
- Schedule your toughest task for your most productive time slot (whenever you typically feel your best) of the day.